Benefits of Oil Pulling
Let’s talk about your mouth for a hot minute…
Everyone’s mouth is loaded with billions of bacteria, virus, fungi and other parasites that can not only cause gum diseases, bad breath and effect the health of our teeth but it can lead to much more than you’re probably aware of like: poor digestion, acne, allergies and even arthritis and heart disease.
It may hard to connect the two (mouth germs + disease), but think of it this way. When the body gets worn down with excessive stress from our external environment, those nasty organisms spread throughout the body and lead to inflammation and infection.
So how do you do it?
- Measure 1-2 teaspoons of oil and put it in your mouth. Coconut, sesame and sunflower are all great options. Use organic for better quality.
- Swish and pull the oil around your mouth and between your teeth! This can be anywhere from 5 - 20 minutes. Start with 5 and slowly work your way up to 20.
- When you’re ready to spit - spit in the trash can, as contaminated oil can clog your pipes.
- Rinse your mouth with salt water or apple cider vinegar so that all of the oil is out of your mouth
- Then brush those pearly whites and smile at yourself in the mirror!
You may notice these benefits just after 10 days of pulling!
- Brighter, whiter teeth
- Healthier gums
- Prevents bad breath
- Increased energy
- Clearer mind
- Decreased headaches
- Clearer sinuses
- Alleviated allergies
- Better sleep
- Clearer skin
- Regulated menstrual cycles
- Improved lymphatic system
- Improved PMS symptoms
So “have a pull” and enjoy a brighter, healthier version of you!